Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Exfoliate For a Brighter Face




These are my two favorite exfoliator's as of now. I never really bothered with Exfoliator's before and was happy with the good old St Ives face scrub. But I have noticed a huge different in my skin texture and condition since when I have incorporated these products in my skin care regime.

First one up is the Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator. Most brands overuse the word 'gentle' when describing their products but when people at Liz Earle use it, they make sure it is. Some of the main ingredients include Cocoa butter, Eucalyptus and Fine Jojoba beads.

This product is not harsh on the skin at all and is in fact very moisturizing. The consistency of it is super creamy with micro beads incorporated within. When you apply it to your skin, its more cream and less beads which I really like!

It is one of those products that you use twice a week theoretically but I use it every alternate day or whenever my skin feels dull. I can feel it working its magic and removing dead skin cells and impurities from the skin leaving me with soft brighter skin. Again this 70 ml bottle for £12.25 will last you ages. They even do smaller sizes for real cheap!

It also helps keep those occasional spots under control in my opinion. As this is kind on the skin and does not feel abrasive, I use this along with a facial sponge that you get easily in drugstores. This way I feel I have my little home-made microdermabrasion system once in a while :p

The second one is the Purity Facial Exfoliator and retails for £5.99 for 100ml. These are also available in Superdrug I believe and I would consider them to reach out to more people as they are so affordable and great value for money as compared to other drugstore brands.

Some of the main ingredients include Ground Coconut Shell, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Aloe Vera. This one is supposed to be moisturizing as well but I find this to give me a tighter feeling on my face after use but that is common with most of exfoliating products.

I tend to use this once a week as it is slightly more abrasive than the Liz Earle one but nonetheless it leaves me with a brighter looking and a clearer face, which is what we all want right?

So that is my take on both high end and low end exfoliating products. Both are good in their own ways and I use them religiously every other day. However this is what suits my combination-sensitive skin and it might not suit yours. Over exfoliation on sensitive skin may lead to thinning of the skin and dryness eventually.

Using these with a facial sponge did make a tremendous difference to my skin, so do check those out in your local drugstore people. It just feels so great after a short session of exfoliation and is undeniably a perk-me-up for me :)

http://www.purityorganicskincare.co.uk/ - Organic Skincare
http://uk.lizearle.com/ - Naturally Active Skincare

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar