Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thursday Movie Picks: Shakespeare Adaptations


Hello and welcome back to Thursday Movie Picks, the weekly series hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves where you share three movies to fit the theme of the week each Thursday.

Yay! It's Shakespeare's week! Actually, I am not that happy the reason being I haven't seen a lot of movies based on his plays. Let me rephrase that, I haven't seen a lot of good films based on his plays; therefore today I'm going with three films with great actors.

Macbeth (2015)

After receiving a prophecy that one day he will become king of Scotland, Macbeth is consumed by ambition and murders his king to take the throne. I really wanted to love this film but it was too flawed. But Michael Fassbender and Mario Cotillard give such great performances, I'd watch it again for them.

Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)

While two neighbouring gardens are at war, gnomes Gnomeo and Juliet fall in love. I must say the idea of recreating the play with garden gnomes wasn't that bad, but it turned out terrible. The main reason is because the writers had no idea where to focus. The story changes direction too many times. On the other hand, the cast is great. And for great I mean those actors are usually good; however, the script is so poor they can't save the film.

Hamlet (1990)

When the ghost of his father appears and tells him that he was murdered by his brother Claudius, Hamel starts planning revenge. I've seen this one a lot of years ago at English class so I don't remember much. It wasn't that bad, though. And I remember liking Mel Gibson as Hamlet. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar