Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Age Defying CC Cream, Worth The Hype?

I know, everyone and their mother are on this kick to make some type of CC/BB cream.  Some have failed miserably, some have renamed products already in their line (shame on you) and some have gotten a standing ovation.

Revlon's  "Age Defying CC Cream" comes in four shades and has 1 Fl. Oz of product.  I purchased mine in shade 020 Light Medium.

So what category does this CC cream fall into?  Well, I'm putting this one into the "failed miserably" category.  Oh my did this fail me!   I have tried to make this work and it just could not be saved in any way.  This is a tinted sunscreen.  Yep I said it a tinted sunscreen! I'm not even referring to a sunscreen meant for the face, no I mean the body.  It's greasy, slides all over the face, smells just like a sunscreen and the best part is, it even burns the eyes just like sunscreen!  Oh, what a burn, this could not last me more then two hours before I was crying.  Ok, maybe not literally but my eyes were burning and tearing from this product.

When looking at this product I was curious why Revlon called this a CC cream.  This claims it "hydrates, smooths, evens tone, diminishes the look of fine lines and dark spots, and protects against premature aging caused by the sun. For perfected skin that glows." Quoted statement taken from the revlon site  I would have loved for the actual product to state what it does on the packaging, too bad I had to do my homework.  The only thing the packaging says is that it's a color corrector with SPF 30.

As far as what it claims, I can only share what I experienced.  For the most part it was hydrating, but greasy.  It did help to even my skin tone, this product has a tint of color.  When it came to my fine lines and dark spots.  I have my fare share of fine lines, I could not see any correction to them.  My fine lines were still visible this product did not fill them in or camouflage them in any way.  I do have acne scaring so I'll call those my dark spots.  Again this has a tint to it, so it help blend them in, but they were still noticeable.  I am asuming when it states that it "protects against premature aging caused by the sun."  It's referring to the sun screen.  When it came down to glowing skin, my skin sure did glow....... like a disco ball!  Just shine the light and let me spin.  My face was so greasy that it was reflective.  

I purchased this at CVS Pharmacy and now I wished I would have just walked on by this product.  This truly was $13.99 wasted.  I can't even throw this in my beach bag, because it won't stay put on my face and burns my eyes horribly.   It has to go in the trash.  This was a receipt I wish I would have kept.

Would I recommend this? No! 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar