Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

October 2017 Boxycharm: Spellbound

October 2017 Boxycharm: Spellbound, October 2017 Boxycharm, Jonteblu Brown Sugar, Tarte Delish, Dr Brandt. Dermabrasion, Becca Prosecco Pop

Who likes to check their tracking obsessively once their orders have shipped? *raises hand* that's exactly how I feel when I get my monthly Boxycharm. I've tried multiple subscription beauty boxes and Boxycharm is the only one I can stick with, hands down.


Boxycharm is a monthly beauty subscription box. It is more expensive than Birchbox or ipsy at $21/month, but you get at least 5 full-sized beauty products (last month though, we got 6!) from high end and indie beauty brands. You know how a lot of beauty boxes give out primarily skincare products and some teeny perfume sample? Boxycharm gives MORE makeup, and the occasional hair or skincare product thrown in.

This month's theme is Spellbound, which is fitting for Halloween. Though there aren't really any scary or spooky themed items here.

Here's what I got this month!

October 2017 Boxycharm: Spellbound, October 2017 Boxycharm, NCLA x Boxycharm Toolkit

NCLA x Boxycharm "Nailed It" Toolkit
I love the nail products from NCLA, so getting this little toolkit was a real treat. You can't really find it anywhere else because it is exclusively a Boxycharm collaboration product, and they aren't selling much in their store right now. This is your standard nail toolkit with a scissors, clipper, nail file, and cuticle pusher.

Jonteblu Lip Liner Pencil in "Brown Spice"
I don't really wear a lot of lip liners, but I guess I should start with all the vampy colors I will be rocking this fall to prevent my lipstick from bleeding. This shade would match perfectly with all of my brown and red lipsticks this season!

Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in "Delish"
I was not happy when I found out that this was going into this month's box. I bought one of these back in April but I had to return it because it was so painfully drying, almost as bad as the ColourPop Ultra Mattes. I would stay far, far away if you have chronically dry lips like I do. The shade "Delish" is a warm pink, which is more suited for spring than for fall and definitely does not go well with the Spellbound theme. The good thing about this is that I couldn't even remove it with a makeup wipe. I prefer the Tarte Creamy Matte Lip Paints much more for the formula, because they are more comfortable even if they don't last as long.

Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator
I am not a huge fan of getting skincare in my beauty boxes, especially when it's a product that everyone gets because everyone has a different skin type. This is more suited for oily skin. I have dry skin, but small pores so I guess I can give this a try.

October 2017 Boxycharm: Spellbound, October 2017 Boxycharm, Becca Prosecco Pop

BECCA Shimmering Perfector in "Prosecco Pop"
Finally! The highlight (pun intended) of my box. I love BECCA highlighters (I have Champagne Pop, Opal, Rose Gold and Beach Nectar from the Chrissy Teigen palette), and this sure won't be an exception. This is a really warm-toned gold highlighter, and I just know it will be flattering for my skin tone.

October 2017 Boxycharm: Spellbound, October 2017 Boxycharm, Jonteblu Brown Sugar, Tarte Delish, Dr Brandt. Dermabrasion, Becca Prosecco Pop
Top–bottom: Becca "Prosecco Pop", Jonteblu "Brown Sugar", Tarte "Delish", Dr. Brant Poredermabrasion

This isn't my favorite Boxycharm, but the BECCA highlighter makes up for it, and it's my absolute favorite product in the box. Which is why I don't hate this box all that much. 

What is your favorite item in this month's box?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar